Guidelines for Management of Equipment Controlled by the National Tsing Hua University Division of Student Activities
These Guidelines are adopted pursuant to Article 20 of the National Tsing Hua University Regulations of for the Supervision of Student Club Activities, for the effective management of equipment controlled by the Division of Student Activities (DSA) (below, "the DSA managed equipment").
The use of the DSA managed equipment is reserved for NTHU student clubs whose applications have been approved by the DSA. The DSA retains the right to approve or deny applications and has first priority in using the equipment. If a violation is found or there is a special occasion that the equipment has to be retrieved, DSA should inform the borrower to return the equipment anytime.
Fees for use of any the DSA equipment by an NTHU student club will be deducted from the cash allowances held by the club (paper money). Any shortfall must be paid in cash or be paid by project fund via transfer. The fee schedules are regulated separately.
Procedures for reserving the DSA managed equipment:
(1) A student club must complete an online reservation 7 to 30 days (including weekends and holidays) before the intended reservation date and follow the instruction of DSA in accordance with numbers and the renting period of the equipment. If there is a special occasion for reserving equipment, a student club should note reasons in the remark column, the DSA retains the right to approve or deny applications.
(2) After the reservation of the equipment is approved, students can borrow the equipment at the DSA equipment room on the 2nd floor of Mong Man Wai building on the day of the event (or on holidays, on the preceding working day). The actual number of the equipment for borrowing can be confirmed on the borrowing day.
The reservation will be cancelled if students do not borrow the equipment on the intended reservation day. Before borrowing the equipment, please ensure that the equipment is functioning properly and the number is correct. The borrowing process will be completed after inspection.
(3) After the event ends, the equipment must be returned before 10:00 a.m. on the following day (or on holidays, on the preceding working day). Before returning the equipment, please makes sure all rented equipment functions properly without damage. Its return must be inspected by the equipment manager to complete the process.
In order to use the equipment effectively, cancellation of the equipment reservation must be completed 7 days (including holidays) prior to the date in which the borrower wishes to rent the equipment. Any cancellation will not be accepted if delayed.
Under any of the following circumstances, DSA will suspend the right of the club to borrow the DSA managed equipment. The right will be restated after the school service work is completed. It will also be assessed in the regular performance of the club evaluation. In severe cases, the DSA may prohibit the use of any DSA managed equipment for two years.
(1) After the application is completed, if the number which the club actually borrows is not as the same as the reserved number, the DSA will impose a penalty of ten hours of school service work. Special occasions will be excluded from the penalty.
(2) For any delay for returning the equipment, the DSA will impose a penalty for ten hours of school service work per day, which can be accumulated.
(3) If the equipment is not cleaned while returned, the DSA will impose a penalty of ten hours of school service work.
(4) If any equipment is damaged or lost, the borrower should provide compensation for replacement or for the repair of any damaged equipment. The borrower will be prohibited the use of any DSA managed equipment until the compensation has been paid.
(5) Once an application has been approved, for private transfer of the right of use or alteration to the proposed activity, a separate application must be applied and verified by the DSA via club management system. If a violation is found to have occurred, the DSA will impose a penalty of ten to fifty hours of school service work depending on the situation.
At any time when the Student Activity Center is closed, DSA managed equipment will not be open for borrowing.
The Guidelines will be implemented after passage by a meeting of the DSA.