Dr. Mei Yi-Chi Memorial Prize
History of Dr. Mei Yi-Chi Memorial Prize
To commemorate Dr. Mei Yi-chi (Yue-Han)’s dedication to education, alumni from National Tsing Hua University had set up the “Mr. Yue-Han Memorial Scholarship Fund” since 1964. Since 1982, the 20th Anniversary of the Dr. Mei Yi-chi, alumni had established the “Dr. Mei Memorial Academic Scholarship Fund” and the regulations for this scholarship to give recognition to outstanding students at National Tsing Hua University. Since 2003, the “Dr. Mei Memorial Academic Scholarship Fund” has become the “Dr. Mei Yi-chi Memorial Prize”, which is the highest honor for newly graduated students at National Tsing Hua University.
Undergraduate students from National Tsing Hua University who have studied at least 3 years and performed exceptionally as role models for students and should be eligible for the following requirements can apply for the prize. The prize can only be applied once. Students who graduate early should apply for the prize within a year after graduation.
- Their grading point average (GPA) need to be above 3.4 on academic, conduct and PE records. If their scores are recorded in the centesimal grading system, please follow the Schedule of Grading System Comparison under the Regulation of the Grade for students at National Tsing Hua University.
- Students who had taken charge of core members in student clubs or school teams had outstanding performances.
- Students had greatly contributed to National Tsing Hua University.
They should submit documents for application as follows:
- Academic transcript
- Record of achievement
- Certificates of extracurricular activities
- Certificates of achievement (additional contribution)
- Recommendation letters from two professors.